Can someone explain to me....

How tournament software programs work?
We played in a tournament this past weekend with 7 teams, no seperate pools.
Our team and another team both went 3 and 0 in pool play.
They gave up 7 runs, we gave up 7 runs.
They scored somewhere around 11 to 15 runs.
We scored 34 runs.
We seeded number 2.
When I asked the tournament director for an explanation I was just told she didn't really understand it was all input in the computer and that's how it was figured. Since I am not familiar with these programs I was hoping someone can help me understand how they work in regards to seeding, etc.

Where was the tournament and who was seeded above you in the 1 spot ?

Sundial...it was in Degraff, and we seeded behind West Liberty Force....

The user usually can select the parameters, but some I have seen have gone:

1. Head to Head
2. Runs Allowed
3. Coin Flip/Random Assign

Some skip Runs Scored or differential to try to prevent teams from running it up.

What would be considered "running the score up" ?

We won 11 to 1
12 to 5
and 11 to 1

Sounds a bit like garbage in, garbage out. Could be that the person running the software made some input error.

cgs...I asked her to re-confirm that she did not input something incorrectly and she said she had already loaded her computer in the vehicle and was leaving the field....Obviously, it's water under the bridge now. I was just curious to know if I wasn't understanding something about the software.

What would be considered "running the score up" ?

We won 11 to 1
12 to 5
and 11 to 1

None would be in my book, but in an uneven pool play where you do not get to see the same teams, you might win 3-1 against a good team and the other 3-0 team beat a Rec All-Star 17-1.

Sounds like they had a random flip and didn't feel like explaining it.

Check the TD'S last name and see if it matches any on the roster of the number 1 seed

Maybe so Jabber Jaw. I was actually just trying to get a better understanding of the software for future reference. I will say this, going into our last game we knew we had very little wiggle room as far as the number of runs we could give up (we, being the coaches, not the girls). So one of my parents asked one of the TD's what the tie breaker was and was told it was this order: Head to Head, Runs allowed, Runs Scored. Number one seed got a first round bye and advanced straight to semi's.

Lady Niner.I think you have been around long enough to understand seeding. Buckeye Heat and Sundial hit it on the head you got homered!!! My tournament, my rules. I hope you beat them.

Heartbreakers, I completely understand seeding, I was just looking for clarification as to wether something was different with tournament software that I was unaware of. Came out yesterday morning and won, then my team forgot to show up in the semi's.

they must of been with my group!! play strong all day saturday from 8:30 am to 9:00 PM
never lost a game. Sunday morning comes. well you know the rest of the story!!!
Hope we play good this weekend, We play your pickup player from last years indoor team. Don't want to mention any names on here but you know which team.we play the older group.

Well, you both went 3-0 and gave up 7 runs. What were the tie-breakers in the rules you were physically given? Most tourneys run:

Record
Head to Head
RA
coin flip.

Sounds like you made it all the way to the flip and lost.

Heartbreakers, one of my best pickups from last years indoor league is on your team now! Good luck this weekend....

...I was just looking for clarification as to wether something was different with tournament software that I was unaware of.

From the screenshots that I have seen, you can set the order for the tiebreakers...

http://www.allprosoftware.com/ts/screens/#Tournament Setup

Advanced%20Event%20Settings.jpg

I am looking at my rules given to me at check in. Rule # 5 says: Tie breaking rules:
A. Records
B. Runs Against
C. Runs for

*nothing about a coin toss*

Well, you both went 3-0 and gave up 7 runs. What were the tie-breakers in the rules you were physically given? Most tourneys run:

Record
Head to Head
RA
coin flip.

Sounds like you made it all the way to the flip and lost.

you know me, it might smell like fish in the 4th or 5th inning!!!