How Many Pitchers do you have?

Sbcrazy

Reaction score
Just curious how many pitchers you have on your team? Also the rotation or do you sit them if they aren’t pitching? Looking for older responses 15-18u.

Creek01

Reaction score
There’s no perfect formula. Right now we carry 3 pitchers. 2 of which their primary position is pitcher. The other is a position player that pitches. The 2 primary pitchers don’t play the field near as often as they did when they were at younger ages. All 3 are very productive hitters so they are almost always in our lineup.

I think in a perfect world you have co-aces that get every other start & either an off speed pitcher to change things up or a position player or 2 that are high school pitchers that can be effective in short stints.

Sbcrazy

Reaction score
I think 3 is a good number. When a coach starts talking 4 or more it worries me about playing time. A rotation of 2 then bringing in a off speed when needed is ideal. Just wondering how he will keep everyone happy by bringing on more then 3.

Long Baller

Reaction score
You need three. The problem that I continually see is that, when you have a #3 that isn't getting as much mound time as your #1 and #2, they get mad and leave the team. When you try to get her into more of a three pitcher rotation, then your other pitchers (parents) complain that she is "stealing" their mound time.

manitoudan

Reaction score
You need three. The problem that I continually see is that, when you have a #3 that isn't getting as much mound time as your #1 and #2, they get mad and leave the team. When you try to get her into more of a three pitcher rotation, then your other pitchers (parents) complain that she is "stealing" their mound time.

And you start losing games you could win with your 1 and 2 .

pitchersdad26

Reaction score
My experiences and as a general rule you can never have enough pitching. Pool play use as many as you can, get reps and stay sharp. Bracket play your best2 go, and others are ready to relieve. Of course you try to win as many in pool play, but as many times as we were the 1 or 2 seed it didn't really help that much.