OHSSA question

How would OHSSA rules apply to the following situation:

DD is taking pitching lessons from "Person X"

H.S. coaching position becomes available at DD's H.S.

Person X applies for coaching position

Person X receives coaching position before the official start to softball season

At what point is DD not able to continue pitching lessons from Person X or risk losing eligibility?

In this case, DD is returning player to H.S. team

When that person signs a contract with the district and assumes the position of coach for the school, that is when the OHSAA rules would apply. Up until then, you can do whatever you want.

The OHSAA site doesn't have the softball regs available, but I vaguely remember noting some exceptions for paid one-on-one lessons. Then again, I could be totally wrong. If the site ever gets the regs back up, I'll check them.

I have another question on a similar topic. Lets say for example a father coaches his daughters team in the summer. The job at the High School opens up and he takes it. Does the 10 days of instruction rule still apply if the only girl on the summer team is his daughter?

I was told when the board approved that person as coach was the exact time. I asked OHSAA this about one month ago.

Thanks for the info. That is how we thought the situation would work, but with all the strange rules, sometimes you just never know! ;)

Nightmare:

Ten day rule only applies to a team that has four or more players from the same HS.

Do you mean more than 4 from the same school. I thought 4 was legal