Request for Opinions and Tips

I have been beating my head against the wall on this issue for a year now. I have decided on a new direction. I need input from the Ohio Softball World. I value different perspectives. The situation is that my daughter is 15 years old and has played softball for 8 years now. She is entering her third year of serious non-scholastic travel ball this summer. Solid power bat who plays the corners. Big girl that can run.
The problem is she attends a very small private, non public school (known as 08 school in Ohio). The school does not have a high school athletic department. There has been research put into the school applying to Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA) to obtain membership, but it appears the application process guidelines will be to prohibitive for her small school. Regardless, I don't wish to infringe upon OHSAA's process nor do I expect her be accepted into the High School Sports Arena. I chose to send her to the school so I should not expect the OHSAA community to bend over backwards for her. I get it. Where the situation gets me perturbed is in the fact that because of the OHSAA rules, there are not even any alternative leagues available in April and May that she could attend for playing time, because if there were, there would not be enough players because everyone playing High School Ball is ineligible to play. Therefore, in anyone's humble opinion, how can I get her at least a little bit of live game playing time over the next 6 to 8 weeks that is not more than 2 hours away from Waverly OH. Just thought I would see if anyone had any ideas.

Honestly, the only alternative I can think of is to see if a PA team who might still be playing would pick her up for now. If I am not mistaken, they don't have the HS/travel restriction governed by the state. I know a lot of TB coaches shut down during school season, just to give the girls a break, but you may be able to find one or two that are still practicing/scrimmaging.

This may be a long shot but could she play for the "home school" she would attend if she didn't attend a private school? I teach high school and I know that some kids that attend smaller, specialty schools are permitted to come back for sports. Worth a shot maybe?

This may be a long shot but could she play for the "home school" she would attend if she didn't attend a private school? I teach high school and I know that some kids that attend smaller, specialty schools are permitted to come back for sports. Worth a shot maybe?

Thanks for the support. Based on email conversations I have had with the Ohio High School Athletic Association, and based on their By-Laws and Constitution, if she was "homeschooled", she could, if enrolled at the Local Public School District (Waverly, OH), for one course per semester beginning in the fall, she would be eligible to play for their softball team. She used to be homeschooled by us, but moved to the small 08 option available. Therfore, I asked the Ohio High School Athletic Association if her 08 Private school could enter into an agreement with either the local public school district or another school district who was willing to execute such an agreement, based on the fact that her school does not have an athletic program avialable. They said NO.......