Opinion needed

What would you do if your DD told you she doesn't want to play anymore? And she won't give a reason why!

Respect her wishes and give her some time. She'll let you know why when she is ready. The worst thing you can do is force her to play, it may only push her away from the sport.

We have always told our daughters that they can quit any time they want. I think it has helped them want to play. But we were serious in that it is their choice. Maybe she should try some other sports/activities. It might help her to know for sure whether she is done with softball for good.

i would respect her wishes. ? 3dm says it right, ? you can't force your dd to play. ? she has to choose her path. ?hopefully she will let you know what made her choose to quit playing. ? ?

If she won't tell you why, some type problem most likely came up with coaching, the other girls on the team or just her own confidence. Did she have a good year and get substantial playing time? Did the team get along with no blow-ups? Does the coach humilate or motivate positively?

I would back off a few days/weeks and then ask her again. She may be more ready to discuss.

But ultimately, it's her choice and I think you have to respect her wishes.

WOW123321 has it right- wise for such a young woman. Time away - some relaxation - some non-softball actvitites and friends for a week or two. hopefully she'll open up- good luck

She probably needs some time off. Maybe after she hasnt played for a while she will want to play again. I know that i got tired of softball & wanted to quit so i took a little time off & focused on basketball & now i love it again.

if she is a good potential player i think you should push her to play a little bit but after a while of her saying she doesnt want to play, even if you try a different team, you should really let her stop playing. there is nothing worse than a parent wanting their daughter to play and be the best more than they want to play and be the best them selves.

Our DD (12U) is very athletic and loves to play ball but she has no friends from school that play to the level she does. At times she gets a little discouraged when her friends have made some fun weekend plans and she has a tournament. We do our best to make sure that when away from ball she spends as much quality time with her friends as possible. Doing this has made this year much more enjoyable for her. Could this be an issue with your DD?

I noticed that the times my dd seems out of the mood to play, it is mainly due to attitudes from the other girls on the team. When my dd is the youngest on a team, she tends to not "fit in" with the others. At this age, a year makes all the difference in the world!

Is your dd playing for herself or you to many times a child is playing to get the approval of a parent. Are you the one who wants her to play? Maybe that is why she cannot give you a reason she doesn't want to let you down. Be understanding and there for her when she finally makes her choice.

Sometimes things can just get too overwhelming and you have to let her have some time off. I get sick of it sometimes, and I concentrate on hockey, and I want to get back on the field eventually. Sometimes it's just too much, too early.

My DD took last year off (broke my heart) but she said she didn't want to play anymore, so I told her that was fine - it was her decision. She is playing again - with more passion for this game than she has ever had.

Make sure you give you DD some space and let her make the choice. She has to play because she wants to play or it will be a bad experience for her and her teammates.

It's her life, let her decide. How is she gonna learn to think for herself if you make her decisions?

I agree with MLF_Mouse, but, it was me and I broke my dad's heart when I walked away. I was tired, frustrated, and irritated with everything. I, however, could not even tell my dad my reasons - I wasn't even sure that I had a logical reason for walking away. He left me alone for about 3 weeks and then one day asked if I wanted to go hit some in the cage. To both of our surprise I said sure. I still play ball now - even in my old age and I also coach just like him.

So basically to make a really long story a little shorter, be patient, give you DD some time - she may just be tired and is taking it out on her passion. What is that song? You hurt the one ya love (something like that).

Hang in there.